From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Monday, 29 February 2016 10:44 PM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Balls Head

While we're being pedantic, the plural of Wharf is Wharves.

And a Jetty can be a Pier, or a Wharf can be a Pier (determined by their construction), but Jetty and Wharf are mutually exclusive (unless they are "L" shaped and lay both parallel and at right angles to the shore!)

And the Woolloomoolloo Finger Wharf was so named because Australian Stevedores are all called Wharfies. They probably would go on strike if someone called them Jetters or Pieries.

On Mon, 29/2/16, 'Iain Stuart' iain_stuart@... [LRRSA] wrote:

Subject: [LRRSA] Balls Head
To: LRRSA@...

How do we account for “finger wharfs” (eg Walsh Bay) which are surely either piers or jetties??

 Cheers
Dr Iain Stuart
JCIS Consultants
P.O. Box 2397