From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Friday, 26 February 2016 8:09 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Re:: Balls Head coal loader

Interesting discussion.

I've sailed past it a hundred times but never given much thought to what it actually is (maybe paying more attention to wind and other boats racing). So what was the purpose of the Balls Head Coal Loader?

Clearly there isn't coal mine there so it must have been a staging post, but from where and to where? And if it was loading onto ships, why load there and not directly from Hexham (et al) like the 60 Milers? How was it UNloaded into storage there in the first place?

As I said ... interesting.

_,___