Re: : RE: Yarloop workshops destroyed in bushfire

John Dennis

Sadly, I never visited. I drove past in September this year, but having already decided that we would return to Perth in a year or two, decided to put off a visit until then. Very bad decision...

The Rail Heritage arena has been sorely done by fires in recent years, what with the Zig Zag and the ElecRail fire in Newport Workshops.

John

On 10 January 2016 at 16:21, 'Denis Wasley' denis.wasley@... [LRRSA] <LRRSA@...> wrote:

G’Day,
I visited Yarloop on two occasions. Each time I met interesting and friendly volunteers and was fascinated with the history of the museum.
Its loss is very sad. My sympathies also go to those museum volunteers who also lost their homes.
regards
Denis Wasley
Secretary & Manager Steam Plant Operations
Cobdogla Steam Friends Society Inc
enquiries@...
cobdoglasteammuseum.com.au

Sent: Sunday, January 10, 2016 12:02 PM
Subject: Re:: RE: [LRRSA] Yarloop workshops destroyed in bushfire

Hi all

for those on the list who are unfamiliar or have never heard of Yarloop previously, check out the Photo Gallery, Slideshow and History Links links at
There is a site plan under the History link
The e-brochure is worth a look too while their website is still up,

This was a large site with all the steam machinery housed in large timber buildings across the site.
Regards,
John Garaty
Unanderra in oz