OFF TOPIC German narrow gauge

Michael C.

Happy New Year!

Greetings from the United Kingdom.

Over Christmas I travelled to Germany via train to visit the metre-gauge Harzer Schmalspurbahnen.

I liked it so much I rode it twice on two separate days. Their articulated 2-10-2 locomotives are amazing. There was also a Mallet locomotive built in 1898 by Arn Jung in steam.

On the second day I caught a train to the top of the Brocken. Sadly there was no snow this year but it was zero degrees C on the top and when you add the wind-chill factor it felt much colder.

I have uploaded a collection of images to Flickr.

Going even further off-topic, pages 3 and 4 of the album show the modern trains (and a tram) used to get to Germany, travel around the Harz, and get back to the UK.

Take a look if you are interested.

Kind regards for 2016.

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt