Re: : RE: Re:: Munro & Lever Long Creek tramway map

Ian Barnes

I walked this line in the late 1970's and mapped every feature I could identify.  I still have the notes, including diagrams of bridge remains and turntable somewhere and must transfer the info onto a base map for LR.  Since then I believe decay, bushfires and regrowth have almost totally removed or obscured what was left.  I plan a revisit perhaps in May next year.
Peter's PDF map looks  prettyaccurate although I suspect there was also a Right Hand Branch branch.
Incidentally, the Kyogle Historical Society recently produced a book "Ramblings of the Timber Industry".  It contains some Long Creek tramway photos I had not previously seen in the LR article of some years ago.

Cheers
Ian Barnes