OFF TOPIC; more photographs from the UK...

Michael C.

- or trains, planes and automobiles!

Hi all,

Last weekend I was in North Wales and visited the Bala Lake Railway for their gala weekend.
The railway's web site is here: http://bala-lake-railway.co.uk/

The railway is home to quarry Hunslets Alice, Maid Marian, Holy War, George B and Winifred. The latter has a fascinating history that can be read here: http://bala-lake-railway.co.uk/stock/Winifred/winifred.html

For the gala 'Jack Lane' from the Statfold Barn Railway was also in attendance.

Winifred was the star of the show but half way through the day she failed as her clack valve stuck open. The fire was quickly dropped to save the boiler but everything got very hot! One of the tools even melted.

There was also a vintage Bentley, tractor, truck, Landrover and even a Routemaster bus on display.

Half way through the day we were buzzed by the Vulcan bomber on its way to the Rhyl Airshow!

There was even a camera drone flying about.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge