Re: : Munro & Lever Long Creek tramway map

Sam Laybutt

That's fantastic.
That tramway is extremely isolated. Must have been quite an effort to get the product to market.

To: LRRSA@...
From: LRRSA@...
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 16:56:07 -0700
Subject: [LRRSA] Re:: Munro & Lever Long Creek tramway map

Interesting aspect of the Munro & Lever Long Creek tramway map is the map is titled Mt Lindsay,spelt as such on the map. The name is on the base although the merge process gobbled up the name on the top, Another spelling in general use for the mountain is Mount Lindesay (extra e) with the main road also using this spelling on some maps.

The Tweed Regional Museum at Murwillumbah sent me a 6MB PDF scan of the same map I merged at the library. The PDF scan they sent me is a higher resolution than the version they have on their public "ehive" download website. I have added their museum name in my usual blue text to acknowledge the museum's generosity to my personal request.   Mt Lindsay 1944 MUS1990.7.1.pdf