Death of Norm Wadeson

Roderick Smith

This was reported today on facebook TrainsDownUnder.
I can't find anything online.

Norm is regarded as the saviour of the Climax (IIRC, he worked for FCV), and
was a speaker at the first recommissioning. I had the chance to speak with
him then. He was an RNV subscriber, and we exchanged information by
snailmail. In recent years he had been in a nursing home on Mornington
Peninsula. I had hoped to meet him again at the second Climax
recommissioning, but he was not there: apparently too feeble to make the
journey. All who came in contact with him remember a true gentleman.

The immediate memories are the republishing of his old movie film of narrow
gauge railways in Victoria, under the series title the 'Gaslight films of
Norm Wadeson'.
www.steammediaproductions.com.au/gaslight.html

I must now start hunting for photos of him at the recommissioning, and scan.

Roderick