Re: Where it all began...

Geoff Potter <potgeoff@...>

Superb Michael,
what a great record of such a significant milestone!
Thanks again. Always enjoy your photos,
cheers
Geoff Potter

On Friday, 10 July 2015, 11:30, "chapmanmchapman@... [LRRSA]" wrote:

Dear all,

Last weekend was the 150th anniversary of the 2'3" gauge Talyllyn Railway in mid Wales - the world's first preserved railway.

Two temporary 2' gauge sidings had been laid and 'Prince' from the Ffestiniog Railway and 'Russell' from the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway were in attendance and ran up and down carrying visitors.

I spent three days at Wharf Station manning a publicity / trade stand for the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway. Thanks to mobile phone technology and the Talyllyn Railway's wi-fi I made around twenty updates to the WHHR Facebook page whilst I was there. Please visit: https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly

Having returned home, I have uploaded a collection of photographs to Flickr. Take a look if you're interested:

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge