Re: : Re: Re:: Date help please

Frank Stamford

Hello Rod,

The Peckett, Sir John Grice, was with the Puffing Billy Railway, as he had been for quite some time, certainly since the early 1980s.

In the 1990s Sir John Grice was working one weekend a month on shuttle trains at Gembrook on the newly relaid track.

Some photographs of Sir John Grice working in 1991 can be found here:

On 26 Jun 2015, at 2:47 pm, "rodsmith@... [LRRSA]" <LRRSA@...> wrote:

Thanks Frank,

That makes sense.  I don't recall seeing a baggage tug that vintage: it could well have been stockpiled by a collector for several years.
Where was the Peckett at the time?  It doesn't show in my photos.

Roderick B Smith

Transport analyst