Michael,
fantastic, thanks again for sharing
Geoff Potter

On Friday, 12 June 2015, 9:36, "chapmanmchapman@... [LRRSA]" wrote:

Hi all,

Over the past few days I've been in the garden of England - Kent.

Whilst there I went to see the 2'6" gauge Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway (S&KLR).

I spend a lot of time in Wales with The Great Little Trains of Wales - what makes the S&KLR so different is it is undeniably industrial. The line was built in 1905 to transport the raw materials needed to manufacture paper.

More more information please visit: http://www.sklr.net/

I visited the railway on Sunday the 7th June and the weather was perfect for photography.

Just in time for the last train of the day a coach carrying a group of German railway enthusiasts arrived and several photo run-pasts were organised.

By this time I'd exhausted both my sets of rechargeable batteries so had to sprint to the local Morrison's supermarket, buy a set of Duracell batteries, then run back to the station just in time to catch the train. Phew!

The results can be seen of Flickr at:

If you are ever in the UK a visit to the S&KLR is highly recommended - the stock is interesting, the scenery varied and different to every other preserved railway I've been to. The volunteers bent over backwards to show me round, explain everything and were friendly and chatty.

Cheers,

Michael Chapman

Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt
Follow me on Twitter @mikenarrowgauge