Fairfax Media's historically significant photo archives under threat

Geoff Potter <potgeoff@...>

image

Fairfax Media's valuable photo archives under threat
An accused fraudster has allegedly been selling-off parts of a priceless Australian archive he was paid to protect. The future of millions of photos from the nation...
Preview by Yahoo

On Monday, 8 June 2015, 0:41, Change.org wrote:

Change.org

Hello!
I've started the petition "Prime Minister of Australia | The Hon Tony Abbott MP: Dear Prime Minister, we ask you to use all your powers to have the nationally important Fairfax Photograph Archive returned to Australia from the USA where it is held by the receivers for Rogers Photo Archive of Little Rock, Arkansas." and need your help to get it off the ground.
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here's the link:
Here's why it's important:
The photograph archive of the Fairfax News Media Company are a nationally important and irreplaceable historical resource  charting major Australian and world events for well over a century. The archive is in grave danger of being lost to the Australian people forever. This cannot be allowed to happen. The Collection is currently in limbo in Little Rock, Arkansas as a result of the digitising company entrusted with its care having gone into receivership.
Please try to save this piece of Australian history created by an iconic Australian company with a history stretching back to 1831.
I started this petition because I am a local historian who recognizes the significance of this photograph archive for all Australians. Do we wish to see it broken up and sold online to the highest bidder (with the money going to America?) Please support me in my bid to protect our history.
You can sign my petition by clicking here.

Please share this message
Thanks!
Geoff Potter
.