Maintenance railway running along levee bank

Frank Savery

Hi Guys,
I'm finishing the edge of one leg of my layout as a river bank protected by a levee, with the aisleway representing the river.

Q. Does anyone know of a situation where a narrow gauge maintenance railway or tramway ran along the top of the levee so that rocks, etc could be dumped into the river to help protect the levee from the action of the river. ???

Cheers,
Frank Savery,
Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
King Island Tramway, Tasmania

Growing old is compulsory . . . growing up is optional

Off course I talk to myself, sometimes, you just HAVE to get an expert opinion.