Re: : Re: 28.3 Climax

Frank Stamford

On 5 Feb 2015, at 11:23 am, "'Noel Reed' noelreed10@... [LRRSA]" <LRRSA@...> wrote:

What happened to “Spirit of Salts” ?

It was destroyed in an accident about forty years ago.

Does P B  have any other small passenger carrying railcars ?

No, they do not.

Such a vehicle could be useful to carry small groups on charter trips.

Noel Reed.

From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Thursday, 5 February 2015 10:30 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: RE: : Re: [LRRSA] 28.3 Climax

“Spirit of Salts” no longer exists.

David

From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 February 2015 9:56 PM
To: LRRSA@...

Could rail transport on the Puffing Billy railway for a small group of people be provided by charter of the Postal Motor which was as I remember numbered  NK1 (aka Spirit of Salts) ? I recall this motor being turned in the forecourt of Wangaratta station.

At that time 14A was not in steam as it was not the day for the weekly goods train to Whitfield.

I have also ridden from Targoora to Wangaratta on one of NK1’s predecessors, a standard ganger’s quadricycle with a trailer loaded with mail bags and other miscellaneous small items .

Noel Reed.