Re: Off-topic. Photos of the Ffestiniog Railway on Flickr

Michael C.

Greetings,

As I understand it, the powered bogie-thingie is based on equipment from the former Royal Mail Post Office Railway under London.

The Launceston Railway (http://www.launcestonsr.co.uk/) is building a diesel electric railcar. Please visit:

Hope this helps?

Michael Chapman

Follow the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly
Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt

In a message dated 27/01/2015 21:50:16 GMT Standard Time, LRRSA@... writes:

On 26/01/2015 21:49, chapmanmchapman@... [LRRSA] wrote:
Dear all,

I have uploaded another collection of photographs to Flickr showing the recent history of the FR.

The images are from May 2010 and show the Quirks & Curiosities gala, Lyd's first fire, the C2, vertical boilered locos, Britomart, a Landrover, a Model A Ford and even a lifeboat etc.

Cheers,

Very interesting. But what is that strange machine that appears in photos 105, 1378, 1482 & 1525? It appears to be some sort of power bogie with cables attached and is hauling an open bogie wagon with a lot of people in it.

--
Brian Rumary
England