More photos on Flickr

Michael C.

Dear all,

Greetings from the UK once again; I have uploaded another collection of images to Flickr.

The images are from the former 2' gauge Abbey Light Railway in February 2013.

Unfortunately the railway has now closed, the stock sold and the railway demolished. As someone who has done a bit of volunteer track-laying, to watch the track being taken up was heart-breaking.

I never thought I would ever see a narrow gauge demolition train.

Let the demise of the Abbey Light Railway be a lesson to us; if you own a small railway and there is no trust ownership or properly drawn up legal company, if the owner dies the railway is doomed.

The next collection will be more cheery!

Michael Chapman

Follow the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly
Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt