Re: OFF TOPIC - more UK photos on Flickr

Michael C.

It's funny you should mention the 'do-nuts' as when I visited the Kirklees Light Railway I asked the very same question...

Apparently everyone asks the same question too. LOL!

I was told they were for the Leeds Guided Busway...

When pressed, I was informed the do-nuts were part of the springing / suspension arrangements.

http://www.friendsofklr.co.uk/ and click on Owl provides more information on the loco.

Hope this helps.

Michael Chapman

Follow the Welsh Highland Heritage Railway on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WHHRly
Follow my railway adventures on Flickr at http://tinyurl.com/nlvlnmt

In a message dated 29/10/2014 13:15:43 GMT Standard Time, LRRSA@... writes:

On 28/10/2014 02:23, chapmanmchapman@... [LRRSA] wrote:
If you are a fan of strange articulated locomotives, you might enjoy the set from the 15" gauge Kirklees Light Railway.

Very interesting!
However I have a question regarding the black-painted loco OWL. This seems to be a mix of Heisler and Climax articulated types, but what are those grey "doughnuts" fixed to the bottom of the bogie frames, just inboard if the wheels?

--
Brian Rumary
England