Re: : Re: : Harwood sugar mill tramway [1 Attachment]

Frank Savery

Thanx Hunslet, much obliged.
Haven't seen that photo before. I've got one of a barge with a load of about 5 cane trucks but it's too far away to see If they were on rails or not.
Has anything been published on this river-borne cane traffic ? In Light Railways or elsewhere ? A fascinating subject, looking forwards to seeing if the current research results in a LR article.
Cheers,
Frank Savery,
Owner, Operator, Chief Cook & Bottle Washer,
King Island Tramway, Tasmania

Growing old is compulsory . . . growing up is optional

Off course I talk to myself, sometimes, you just HAVE to get an expert opinion.