From: "harveycr@... [LRRSA]"
To: LRRSA@...
Sent: Sunday, 10 August 2014, 2:31
Subject: Re:: Re: [LRRSA] Re:: Fw: Heathcote Junction - North Bendigo Railway & Tramways

My notes indicate that the tramway was operated by Mollison Sand & Gravel Pty Ltd 1927-1933
This company was extracting sand from Mollisons Creek upstream from the town. The 2ft gauge tramway crossed what is now the Northern Highway immediately north of the bridge over Mollisons Creek.
Until a few years ago there were sleepers still visible near the site of the loading chute.

I also seem to recall seeing a sign lying in the grass in Pyalong yard, not long after the railway closed, that said something like 'Tramway Trucks Must Not Pass the Post'. This sounds more like broad gauge trucks not being allowed on VR track.

Colin