From: Frank Stamford
Date: 9/02/2007 9:23:18 PM
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Re: The narrow gauge question? Best gauge?

Actually the Saxon 75cm gauge lines used Rollwagen rather than Rollböcke.

Rollwagen were transporter trucks on which the standard gauge wagons could
be rolled and clamped into position. There were eight-wheel and
twelve-wheel versions. I do not think they dated from the construction of
the first Saxon 75 cm gauge lines in 1881, but they were in use by early in
The twentieth century.