Re: Platina - part two

Bill Russell

G'day Peter,

I should have checked with you before posting my email. I apologise. I have done
some checking and am getting thoroughly confised. I shall reply when I have sorted out my
confusion.

Regards,

Bill

On 4 Jun 2014 at 21:02, peter@peterevans.com.au [LRRSA] wrote:

Hi Bill,
I will clarify my remark of last night. The siding on the south side of the main line at Platina (as
shown in the field report for LR) was built for Evans Bros and was shared with the Coopers Creek
Copper mine. It made a parallel connection with Evans Bros tramway as shown in the map. The
White Rock Lime Company operated on an entirely different site to Evans Bros (and for a longer
period), and had its own tramway to what is generally known as Knott's siding. The latter tramway
was destroyed in the 1939 bushfires. After 1939 the White Rock Lime Company made brief use of
what had been Evans Bros siding for inwards loading of briquettes for its kiln. After 1939 all
outwards traffic from the White Rock kiln was by motor truck. The White Rock Company's
tramway system will feature in a future field report in LR.
Cheers,
PeterE.