Re: Goondi Mill (Qld) [1 Attachment]

Christopher Hart

Thank you again Rod.
At that time of year, most of the work force would have been on annual leave,
Chris.

On 8 July 2013 11:54, Roderick Smith <rodsmith@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Roderick Smith included below]

Goondi Mill, Innisfail (Qld): Simplex 4 and worker carriages. Sat.13.1.68.
(Roderick Smith)

During my January visit, most mills were very quiet. Some had works trains
out and about between seasons: replacing sleepers, spraying weeds. This was
a Saturday, and the mill may have been asleep completely during my fleeting
visit. At Babinda, I had to do a lot of vine bashing to get a glimpse of
the deteriorating withdrawn steam locos.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor