Re: Australian eucalypts in Kenya

Bob Mcleod

Eucalypts were planted by some American railroads as fuel, in the wood burning loco days, as they were running short of pine. They are to be seen quite often in Viet Nam, as reafforestation after the American War, Also seen in New Zealand, and I believe, in Spain..
           Bob

From: Kevin Sewell
To: LRRSA@...
Sent: Friday, 5 July 2013 8:18 AM
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Australian eucalypts in Kenya

...and India.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Rod Hutchinson <rodhutchy@...> wrote:

You will find eucalyptus all over Africa.  I have seen them in Mali and Zambia
Rod in Melbourne
On Jul 4, 2013 1:00 PM, "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@...> wrote:

This was just one of many countries to plant them.
Kenya is using the wood industrially and domestically, but no longer for
railways.
Relayed from the Yahoo group Garratt.
<www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2013/s3792673.htm>

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

Kevin

I am not consistently good, but I'm sporadically great.