Re: Climax locomotive 1694 relaunch

Tony Smith

These pics were taken in July 2010:

From: John Dennis <jdennis412@...>
To: LRRSA Yahoogroup
Sent: Thursday, 6 June 2013 9:32 AM
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Climax locomotive 1694 relaunch

this page:
shows the Climax is indeed 1203, and it was officially commissioned in 1980.  The "Train Ride" sections of the web site indicate the trains are hauled by other locos, but that doesn't preclude the Climax from being operational.
However, this web site: http://www.geocities.ws/nzclimax/1203.html
indicates the Climax was stored in 2002.
John
On Jun 6, 2013 7:10 AM, "Chris Stratton" <gm4201@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Chris Stratton included below]
Yes, there was definitely a Climax at Shantytown in Greymouth when I visited in Feb 1986. Unfortunately it was in the shed being repaired at the time and not running, one of the cylinder heads was off. The number looks like 1203 in the slide I took.

Regards,
Chris