Re: “Light Railways” Editor

Sam Laybutt

Whilst I can't offer my time to assist, I would like to stress the importance of continuing this publication for the benefit of future generations, and thank those who do donate their time to keep the magazine going.

The extra checks and balances that go into articles in Light Railways generally mean they are more accurate - proof reading not only picking up typos and minor errors but also reviews by other experts in the field means that (unintentional) errors or misleading details are picked up. The nature of a magazine edition means that it is more permanent than, for example, a post on a railway discussion list or on a personal website. I'm always extremely grateful for the effort people put into not only researching but sharing the information with others and it's only fitting that their work should be published in something that will ensure that knowledge is shared to the next generation of rail historians.

Cheers
Sam