Re: “Light Railways” Editor

Frank Stamford

On 24/03/2013 11:06 AM, Eddie Oliver wrote:
As a result the LRRSA Council has decided to change the responsibilties of the editing position so that the editor will not be responsible for preparing the layout of the magazine. This task requires special skills.
Excellent decision. Perhaps you need to go even further in giving
autonomy to the section editors.
To all intents and purposes, I believe that is already the case, and has been since the new "Light Railways" was launched with issue No.139. It cannot be 100% autonomy as there has to be agreement on things such as presentation, and space allocation. I do not think the section editors would want 100% autonomy, as the collaborative process is a help rather than a hindrance.