Re: Mainbeach Burleigh Tramway

Petan

Replaced the phone camera snaps with a single photocopy of the whole map. Much easier to understand.

Cheers
Peter Cokley

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Peter" <yahoomail@...> wrote:

Those who read John Browning's "The Southport-Burleigh road construction tramway",may be interested in 3 Sept 1938 maps of the area from Southport to Broadbeach. It shows the Pacific Highway route as it was in that era which may be possibly close to the original route that was constructed with the tramway.

Try the following and click through them as desired. http://s311.beta.photobucket.com/user/petanoz/library/Tramways

I found these in the Southport Local Studies Library so used my camera phone to take a few snaps. The Southport one had the date so I included it. Also notice the British Commonwealth cable is marked. More on the British Commonwealth cable http://www.yourbrisbanepastandpresent.com/2010/05/cable-park-southport.html

John's article is in Light Railways,issue 213 June 2010.This is available for purchase as a downloadable PDF from http://www.lrrsa.org.au/index.html

Cheers
Peter Cokley