To: LRRSA@...
From: rodhutchy@...
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:53:50 +1000
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Industrial railways in Iceland

I am afraid I am in transit.  I flew from Manila to Singapore today after a week on Palau.  I have sighted an old railway line in Palau which I'll write up as a 'field report' and I did have ride on a monorail in Palau which can fall under LRRSA as an 'industrial' monorail. I guess I can write that up as a field report as well.

Rod waiting for QF10 to Melbourne.

On Feb 13, 2013 8:45 PM, "Stephen Percy Larcombe" <splarcombe@...> wrote:

I see that you are to quote "Rod Hutch currently in Singapore"

Is there any steam on rails hidden away in singapore?

Yours

Stephen

To: LRRSA@...
From: rodhutchy@...
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:24:14 +1000

And New Zealand invaded Samoa, ousting the Germans in WW1.  And there was a military railway in Samoa during WW2, I think.

BTW Frank I found  a historic railway in Palau.

Rod Hutch currently in Singapore.

On Feb 13, 2013 8:21 PM, "David R Axup" <daxup@...> wrote:

G’day DFrank,

The Brits actually “garrisoned” Iceland with the civil administration of Iceland still the sovereign power.  They were not an “occupying force” in the sense of the Axis Powers invading other countries – and you left Italy out of your “occupiers”.  And don’t forget that on the cessation of hostilities in both Europe and the Pacific the Brits and US did occupy Germany and Japan as did Australia in Japan.

Pedantic to be sure but couldn’t help myself.

Cheers,

David