PERRY LOCOMOTIVES EX HUME DAM CONSTRUCTION

rthorne475

The SR&WSC of Victoria used a number of 3' 6" gauge Perry 0-4-0T locos on the Hume Dam construction. A number (if not all) were auctioned in September 1939 and I have photos of two of these, photographed in November 1939 standing in VR's Spencer Street Goods Yard. I would appreciate any help in identifying them.

One has 94 roughly painted on it (I assume this to be the auction lot number), 36 painted neatly on the cab back and 9/22 painted neatly inside the cab. The other has lot number 95, with 118 painted neatly on the right-hand cab side and 9/24 in the cab.

The Perry locomotives from the Hume Dam saw re-use in Queensland, Tasmania and Victoria.