Re: Admin: Photo Attachments!

Frank Stamford

Phil,

Yes you could post it to the Photos section and the system will
automatically generate a message to the group(if you ask it to by
ticking the appropriate box).

You can also place other types of files such Word files or pdf files.

(I have found a lot of useful model railway information as files in
Yahoo groups, for example English translations of German instructions
for loco kits, and I have posted my own English language instructions
for a German loco kit!)

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Phil Rickard"
<chy_gwel_an_meneth@y...> wrote:

Thanks Frank,

So if one did have a photo for discussion etc., one could post it in
the Photos section and separately post a message that it was there to
be looked at but that all comment/discussion is to be on the Message
board.

Sounds a safer way to go - the last thing I need is any sort of virus!

cheers Phil

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@b...>
wrote:

Phil,

Yes there are two methods, attaching to emails - which is generally
considered a risk, and uploading to the files section in Yahoo
groups,
which is generally considered to be safe.