Re: Admin: Photo Attachments!

Frank Stamford

Phil,

Yes there are two methods, attaching to emails - which is generally considered a risk, and uploading to the files section in Yahoo groups, which is generally considered to be safe.

At 10:44 AM 21/08/2006, you wrote:
Gents,

Being a total novice to any sort of online group, can I just re-cap
here? Are there two ways of putting photos on the group site?

One in the Photos tab and one by attaching them to a posting?

If the attachment option is a security risk, can I take it that the
Photo section is safe/safer?

thanks Phil

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@b...>
wrote:

Brad,

I don't think attachments should be allowed to emails to this group.

I think there is a security risk with this relating to viruses etc.

Most groups I belong to don't allow it, and I am reluctant to join
groups
that do.

At 09:12 AM 21/08/2006, you wrote:
Morning all,
Just wanting members views on whether or
not photographic attachments should be accepted on
group posts or whether it be limited to the
files/photos sections?
We are able to permit them so photos can be posted
occasionally for discussion.
Otherwise they can be placed into the other sections
where members who actually have a Yahoo account can
view them.

Interested in your thoughts. THe group is currently
set up with the default setting of allowing them.

Brad

#### LocoShed Australasia Website ####
<<http://www.geocities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html>http://www.geociti
es.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html>http://www.geoc
ities.com/steelhaven_ee/LocoShed.html
** Australian Industrial & Preserved Railways.
** Railways of the Philippines and South East Asia
** LocoShed Express in 'Railway Digest'
** Asst editor: Asia-Rail magazine.

<<http://mail.yahoo.com>http://mail.yahoo.com>http://mail.yahoo.com