Re: The gauge question ...

Colin Harvey

Peter

I have no doubt there was a 3ft 6in gauge sleeper, but was it from
the firewood line or one of the overburden tramways? I suspect the
latter is more likely. Not that this precludes the firewood tram
from being 3ft 6in gauge, it's just not sufficient evidence in my
opinion.

Humbly
Colin

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Peter Evans" <pevans@s...> wrote:

Colin,

I refer to colleague Rickard who measured a sleeper complete with
dogspike
holes beside the line (before it disappeared under McMansions and
Starter
Castles). I'm pretty sure that 3-ft 6-in gauge was the measurement
obtained.

Cordially,
Sawdustoz.

_____