Re: Light Rail Photographs

John Dennis

Cowell is on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula, a little less than half-way
between Whyalla and Port Lincoln. The pub closest to the jetty, the
Franklin Harbour, has some lovely photos, including this one (poor photo,
taken of the original frames in glass) showing the line from the jetty
terminating in a shed at the bottom of the main street. That's the pub
under construction in the background.

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u23/duttonbay/Odd%20Photos/?action=view&current=cowell.jpg

The gauge is 3'6", but I other details are not at my fingertips.

John

On 12 February 2012 19:02, Peterson, John J <
peterson.john.j@...> wrote:

Thanks Paul for sharing the photos,

I was particularly interested in the port train photos. Where is Cowell?
Is that where these items are displayed? The locomotive could have been a
TACL Malcolm Moore patent drawing come to life! Be interested if someone
could work out the builders no. A very early one surely. Gauge maybe 3'6"?

Cheers

John P