Re: Light railway in SW England

Alf Aiken

Hi Bill

Not a light railway but still worth seeing is Poldark Mine at Trenear near Wendron in Cornwall. It was known as Weldron Forge when I was there with the RAN in the mid 70's.

Have a look at this site for this & other sites of interest http://www.oliverscornwall.co.uk/museums.html

If you are staying at Redruth you will not be far away.

Alf

--- In LRRSA@..., Bill Daniels <trailerail@...> wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I will be spending a fortnight in SW England in May 2012 and I was wondering if there is a Directory of Light Railways, or someone who can recommend some places - we will be hiring a car from Heathrow and heading SW along the "bottom coast" - English Riviera, and then up along the coast to Minehead, Bristol and then to Swindon. We want to spend a day around Redruth.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Bill