From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...] On Behalf
Of Iain Stuart
Sent: Friday, 30 December 2011 6:38 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: [LRRSA] Hoffman Brick Company

The Hoffman Patent Brick and Tile Company was named because they used the
patent Hoffman kiln (probably the first in Australia to do so). The original
kiln was circular but the later kilns were the more familiar oval shape. The
company was formed in 1870 by building contractors and was the first fully
mechanised brick company in Australian using Hoffman kilns and Bradley and
Craven brick presses. The company has a long and interesting history.

If anyone is interested I have published two articles on the company and
written several reports - I can make the papers available as PDF's.

Regards

Dr Iain Stuart

JCIS Consultants

P.O. Box 2397