From: LRRSA@... [mailto:LRRSA@...] On Behalf
Of Frank Stamford
Sent: Sunday, 18 September 2011 9:03 AM
To: LRRSA@...
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Roadrail exhibition at Melbourne

On 17/09/2011 8:08 AM, Peterson, John J wrote:
In the very early years of LRRSA it produced a facsimilie of the leaflet
produced at the time by The Melbourne Trust Ltd. called 'The roadrail System
of Traction'. As well as photos from Wembley there were photos of a line
laid down at spotswood using a petrol? tractor as motive power. They say
later that their tractors are made by Beadmore. I think this must be well
out of print so if the officials are ok if you send me offline your e-mail
address I'll scan it for you. Interesting idea but as far as I know no lines
were built here using this system?
Hello John,

There would be no problem in you scanning that and sending it to Martin.
It is out of copyright. You could upload it to the files section of the
LRRSA Yahoo Group if you wished.

There was a little about the RoadRails system in Light Railways Nos 22
and 23, published only 43 years ago. I have extracted the relevant pages
and put them into a pdf in "Frank's Folder" in the LRRSA Yahoo Group.

John P

From: LRRSA@... <mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au>
[LRRSA@... <mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au> ] on behalf of
Martin [martin@...