puffing billy

John Peterson

Hello all,

A bit embarassed to admit that yesterday I rode on Puffing Billy for
the first time. It was a fantastic ride from Belgrave to Emerald lake.
I was particulary impressed by the frendliness of the volunteers with
everyone but especiallly little kids. A few budding train enthusiasts
I think. Anyway anyone out there who are involved with Puffing Billy
please pass on what a great experience it was.

My train was hauled by DH31 but I had a chance to inspect G42 in
action. A fantastic achievement; amazing to watch. I have a question.
The Garratt was introduced to increase train sizes; Is this how it's
used on Puffing Billy?? Or are the train sizes the same as the NA's??