A New Bunnerong-related Industrial locomotive model announced

Lindsay O'Reilly <lindsay.oreilly@...>

Dear all,
Those of you with good - and long - memories will recall a number of "can any help?" posts from me about the Hudswell Clarke 13in x 20in inside-cylindered standard contractor's saddle tank locomotive on this and other Yahoo groups over the last few years, especially chasing details of No 1530, which came here to Australia to work the Bunnerong Power Station sidings, and ended up at the Wallarah Colliery, only 30 miles from my home!

I am therefore delighted to announce that Ixion Model Railways Ltd is producing a ready-to-run injection-moulded O gauge (7mm scale) model of this locomotive. Whilst not identical to 1530 - the model more accurately represents the loco Nos 1676-79 - the main differences are primarily in the chassis frames only.

I want to go on record and publicly thank all of you who assisted with this search, and sent me fabulous amounts of information - too many members of this group to list here - and to let you know that your contributions have resulted in as accurate a model of this class as I believe it is possible to produce. Without your help this model would not have been possible; so my partners and I are greatly in your debt.

Details of these locos, and specifications and a picture of the model, can be found on RM Web here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/39071-ixion-model-railways-ltd-new-rtr-7mm-hc-tank/page__pid__417737#entry417737

We hope this loco inspires a renewed interest in NSW industrial railway modelling, and steam-era light railways in general.

Best wishes, and thanks again,
Lindsay O'Reilly
for Phil Badger and Chris Klein
Directors, Ixion Model Railways Ltd.