Re: Fowler indirect jackshaft drive locomotives

John Dennis <jdennis@...>

Michael,

One "lesser known" bit of information about the Fowler jackshaft loco
at Mourilyan is that it operated on South Australia's Eyre Peninsula,
being utilised during the construction of the Tod River reservoir. The
loco was built for Mourilyan in 1883, left there in 1913, and worked
on the peninsula from 1919 to 1921 when it was relocated to Adelaide.
It's a well-travelled little locomotive...

John

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:19:45 -0000, "Michael J"
<thirtyinchfan@...> wrote:

I'm sure that everyone is aware of 2' gauge Fowler indirect jackshaft
drive locomotive in the sugar museum near Innisfail, formally in a
Melbourne scrap yard. I was under the impression that that was the
only one in Australia.