Re: Romanian 760mm gauge steam logging railway videos on YouTube

John Dennis

Excellent link Frank, I thoroughly enjoyed them all. The Krauss shunting was
excellent - although it would have been nice to have actually seen the
turnout thrown during the fly shunting.

John

On 24 February 2011 21:36, Frank <frank.stamford@...> wrote:

There is a very good series of 12 videos on a Romanian steam powered
logging railway, starting here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blackthorne57#p/u/43/MC4URuKeR5s

It is titled "Steam in Romania, CFF Viseu de Sus". The videos show all
aspects of the operation, including some strange internal combustion
vehicles, and rerailing operations. The video was taken in 2006, the scenery
is excellent, and the locos are an 0-6-0T and several 0-8-0Ts, one of which
was built in 1984. There was at least one devious diesel (which I blame on
all the derailments which occurred in Part 11), and the grim reaper makes an
appearance towards the end of the first part.

Listening through headphones the sound is also good.