Re: Has the Canterbury railway museum been affected by this tragic earthquake?

John Dennis

Ferrymead is roughly half-way between Christchurch and Lyttleton. The
epicentre of the quake was at Lyttleton, and although I haven't seen any
photos or footage of that location, in one map it is simply listed as
"unlivable". So, Ferrymead would have been hit, but until the more serious
side of things has settled down (finding survivors and bodies in and under
buildings) there might not be much information.

John

On 23 February 2011 11:33, crannyjohn <peterson.john.j@...>wrote:

hello all,
I understand there is the National railway museum based in Christchurch and
the Ferrymead line. They may be different parts of the same place. Does
anyone have information about how it went in the tragic earthquake. In the
medium term holidaying there and supporting the railway mobs is one way to
support them. Same with the flood areas in Oz.

Cheers
John P