From: "Chris Stratton" <gm4201@optusnet.com.au>
To: <LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 8:34 PM
Subject: [LRRSA] Central Coast

While I was on the NSW Central Coast on the weekend I read that there was a timber mill at Terrigal which had a tramway which ran towards North Avoca, there is a Tramway Ave at North Avoca which is on part of the route. Does anyone know where I could find more info?
I also drove past Forresters Beach about 6 times, where exactly was the Central Park Railway located? On the west side of the road just before the hill heading north up to Bateau Bay is a large retirement complex under construction, there are also some waterslides in behind there. Is this where it was?
On Sunday morning there were some markets in The Entrance and there were historical photos for sale. One was described as the original bridge at The Entrance under construction and it showed a timber deck with two pairs of steel rails running along it with points and a crossover between them. To me it looked more like a jetty, why would railway lines be laid on a timber bridge under constructon?

Regards,
Chris

Material posted on this group may be adapted by the editors of LRRSA publications for use in those publications, including Light Railways and the LRRSA web-site www.lrrsa.org.au

This group is for members who share common interests with the members of the LRRSA, but the contents of postings are those of their authors and opinions expressed do not necessarily conform with those of any LRRSA member nor of the LRRSA Council of Management"

Yahoo!7 Groups Links