Re: Frankston Rail Accident

Chris Stratton

-----Original Message-----
From: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au [mailto:LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au] On Behalf
Of gm4201
Sent: Friday, 18 February 2011 5:38 PM
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [LRRSA] Re: Frankston Rail Accident

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "rnveditor" <rodsmith@...> wrote:

Sep.75 Newsrail p194 (Herald Sun) & 195 (Ian Morrison) photos, plus p214
news item.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

On June the 10th of June 1975 an Up goods train hauled by B69 got out of
control descending the Langwarrin bank into Frankston...
I've found the photos, I'll scan them as soon as I can. I also have faded
copies of articles from the Melbourne Sun and the Melbourne Age, both on
11th June 1975. I have a print of the photo used with the Age story, I have
1 of the 2 photos used in the Sun. I'll retype the text of the 2 stories if
you want it.

Regards,
Chris.

The photos are in my folder in the Files section
http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/LRRSA/files/Chris%20S/
They are Frankston1 to Frankston6. No 1 is stamped "Copyright The Age" on
the back, the other 5 are stamped "Koala Studios 1 Seaford Road Seaford
3198"

Regards,
Chris