Re: Coffee Pot (Newcastle) info

Phil Rickard <chy_gwel_an_meneth@...>

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, BLI BLI <alcogoodwin@...> wrote:

Hi Jeff/all,
While I can't answer this question I would
like to extend it to ask what has become of the
proposed replica that was to be built at Toronto.
Is this project dead in the water like so many
others?

Thanks
Brad
Brad et al,

Things don't look good according to the Toronto Coffee Pot Tramway &
Museum Society Inc. web site. http://home.kooee.com.au/ajl/cp/index.htm

Latest update states: "At the July 2006 meeting of Directors of the
TCPT&MS, it was decided that owing to the lack of support by various
Government authorities, that the Society be wound up. To that end, the
process of the disposal of assets has been initiated according to the
Society's constitution."

Looks like insurmountable problems due to some authority's requirement
regarding clearance from an adjacent cycle path.

There is a chronology of events and a contact address for anyone
interested. The society's web site is very interesting and given the
above statement, may be on borrowed time . . . (i.e. view it while you
can!)

cheers Phil