From: dopeydimwit <copytext@gmail.com>
Subject: [LRRSA] Re: Tullah - Update
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Friday, January 21, 2011, 7:43 PM

Bill and Bob

I spent some time in the State Archives and the State Library when we were living down in Tasmania ... they were the sort of places where my wife had to come and get me otherwise I'd probably still be there :)

From memory the State Library had a map room so that might be the place to look for maps too.

Stuart

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, "Bob Thornton" <rjt_46@...> wrote:

G'day Bill,
should have thought of that one ! This was a mining area and as such there would have be quite detailed maps issued from time to time by the Tassie State Mining Dept [or whatever they were called at the time]. These will likely be at a better scale than the old survey maps produced by the Defence Dept.
A request to both the State Library of Tasmania and the State Archives should be helpful but you may need a local contact in Hobart to help out.....
cheers,
Bob
--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au, Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@> wrote:
..........Is their such a thing as an old Topo Map of that area? �Here in the US most of our old Topo Maps have the railroads on them. �Maybe the rail lines would show up on an old map of the area?
Thanks
Bill in Texas._,___