Re: Tullah

John Dennis <jdennis@...>

Hi Bill,

Issue #33 of LR contains a single paragraph about the Tullah Tramway, an
announcement that they were hoping to restore Wee Georgie Wood. There are a
few other references to the Tullah Tram in Light Railways, most recently in
issue 215 (October 2010) where there is a delightful article. No track plans
though - I don't believe I have ever seen any track plans.

I don't know what you already have about the tramway, but I wrote a small
column in Narrow Gauge Downunder recently, which has been made available
from a tasmanian website:
http://www.westernwilderness.com.au/clients/westcoast/downloads/Farrell%20Tramway%20-%20finalised%20proofs%202.pdf

I think I have some photos in my collection showing the mine area. I will
dig around and see what I can find which might help you.

John

On 18 January 2011 12:55, Bill Fornshell <bfornshell@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,
I am Bill a new member. I live in San Antonio, Texas - USA.
I am looking for information about the Tullah Mining Area in Tasmania.
First, I would like to thank those who replied to my request to Lynn. I
discovered this yahoo group from a CC reference on one of the emails to me.
I found the group, requested membership and was approved. After I was
approved I looked over the group site and did a message search for Tullah.
I found three messages. One message (#818) had a reference to issue #33 of
"Light Rails" now available as a PDF file. I looked up LRRSA and found the
issue #33 for sale. I was /will buy it but I am not sure how to pay the
$2.00 or so for the download. I sent them an email asking for about that.
This brings me to a question. Does anyone have issue #33 of Light Rail
that they could look at and let me know what is in the article. I am hoping
for some type of track plan for the area around the Mine and maybe a few
pictures of the Mine Buildings.
It was also suggested I email Weston of "westonlangford.com" and see if he
made a track plan when he took the pictures of the Tullah Mine Area that I
found on his web site. I sent him an email early this afternoon - Texas
Time.
Thanks.
Bill in Texas

--- On Mon, 1/17/11, Bill Hanks <BHanks@railsignallingservices.com.au>

From: Bill Hanks <BHanks@railsignallingservices.com.au>
Subject: RE: [LRRSA] Tullah
To: "LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au" <LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au>, "
bfornshell@yahoo.com" <bfornshell@yahoo.com>
Cc: "'A C Lynn Zelmer'" <lynn@zelmeroz.com>
Date: Monday, January 17, 2011, 4:04 PM

Try sending Weston an email asking if he sketched the track arrangements.He
sketched many Victorian stations and they have been published. Bill Hanks.