Re: 50 years of LRRSA - Sat.21.11.70 sewer tour

Roderick Smith

I missed the 1969 sewer tour (it was a clashing event). I presume that it was to East Malvern, as there weren't many trunk sewers under construction in that year. Perhaps there was another entry at Carrum?

My next film to scan is Waranga. Pending that, I find a selection of the 1970 sewer tour, scanned because they were in the strips of negatives being scanned for a different project. They are in my Roderick Smith album in the group's photos section.

In photo 3: ?, ?, possibly Steve Martin, ?, possibly Peter Fraser (I associate him more with mainline steam tours than with LRRSA ones), ?, ?, then well across the MMBW driver.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor