Re: Norwegian Museum Railways ...

Frank Stamford

Hello Eddie,

Thank you very much for that suggestion, which I will follow up later
when the project is more advanced.

Back in the 1970s I had quite a bit of correspondence with Frank
Stenvall when the LRRSA was selling the excellent English language
publication "Rail Scene" which Frank was publishing at that time.

On 4/01/2011 12:27 AM, Eddie_Barnes wrote:

Seconded. I can think of several more titles, mostly Norwegian, but
none covering the 3'6" lines specifically.

As for a publisher, why not try Frank Stenvalls in Malmö? He has lots
of experience of publishing English-language titles, and the
connections to distrubute internationally.

--- In LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au <mailto:LRRSA%40yahoogroups.com.au>,
Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@...> wrote:

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your comment.

I do not know of any books in any language covering the subject as a
whole. There are a several good histories of individual lines in
Norwegian (the Røros line in particular), and a very good (but long
out-of-print) history of the locomotives in Norwegian, but nothing
covering the subject as a whole.

At this stage I think I have most of the necessary source material, and
an outline structure of chapter headings. When I have more to show for
it I will be seeking a publisher in the UK but if necessary I will self
publish. I expect most of the market for such a book would be in
Europe,
not in the southern hemisphere, though early Queensland developments
will be partly covered in the book.

On 3/01/2011 4:14 AM, Brian Rumary wrote:

Frank Stamford wrote:

Later this year I hope to start writing a book on Norwegian 3ft 6in
gauge railways, and that will need a lot of map work.
That should be worth waiting for; I don't know of _any_ books on the
subject in English. Don't forget to let us know the details when it
finally comes out.

Brian Rumary, England

www.rumary.co.uk