Re: 50 years of LRRSA

Frank Stamford

Hello all,

I think I have a foundation date for the VLRRS, (which became the LRRSA)!

The opening paragraph of the first Secretary's Report says that it is
for the Year Ending 17 February 1962.

Such a precise date tells me that the foundation meeting must have been
held on 18 February 1961, which is very much in line with my estimate.

The report said that membership had increased from 5 to 10, that six
ordinary general meetings were held during the year, and that "the
Society has held expeditions over abandoned tramways near Warburton and
Powelltown".

Frank

On 3/01/2011 9:58 AM, rnveditor wrote:

I have added the last of the Sat.1.3.69 photos taken at Belmont
Common. Most of the younger people must have been BCR associates, not
our own.
33a: ?, Ralph Cleary, ?, ?, ?
33b: no recognition
35: no recognition
36: Closest is Laurie Savage; distant may be Andrew & David Hennell.
37: driver John Scott
38: left to right from cab: ?, possibly Michael Menzies, Laurie
Savage, ?, possibly David & Andrew Hennell.

Regards,
Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor