From: Frank Stamford <frank.stamford@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [LRRSA] Norwegian Museum Railways ...
To: LRRSA@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Sunday, 2 January, 2011, 20:47

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your comment.

I do not know of any books in any language covering the subject as a

whole. There are a several good histories of individual lines in

Norwegian (the Røros line in particular), and a very good (but long

out-of-print) history of the locomotives in Norwegian, but nothing

covering the subject as a whole.

At this stage I think I have most of the necessary source material, and

an outline structure of chapter headings. When I have more to show for

it I will be seeking a publisher in the UK but if necessary I will self

publish. I expect most of the market for such a book would be in Europe,

not in the southern hemisphere, though early Queensland developments

will be partly covered in the book.

On 3/01/2011 4:14 AM, Brian Rumary wrote:

Frank Stamford wrote:
Later this year I hope to start writing a book on Norwegian 3ft 6in
gauge railways, and that will need a lot of map work.
That should be worth waiting for; I don't know of _any_ books on the
subject in English. Don't forget to let us know the details when it
finally comes out.
Brian Rumary, England
www.rumary.co.uk